What Expenses can I claim with my Novated Lease?
A great part of novated leasing is the potential to take home more of what you earn. This is because part of your payments are made with pre-tax dollars. While fringe benefits tax might apply, salary packaging a car could lower your taxable income and reduce the cost of getting into and running your next car. You don't even have to be a big earner or drive lots of kilometres to benefit.
Novated leasing also allows you to bundle not only your lease payments, but your car’s running costs – including petrol, insurance, rego and servicing – into one convenient regular payment.
Each pay your budgeted contribution amount is added to your Maxxia novated lease account. Maxxia makes your regular lease payments from this account, reimbursing you from this account when you claim and paying those annual expenses — like registration — from here when needed.
What you can claim
You can use some of your pre-tax dollars to claim the following expenses:
- Car washes
Say goodbye to bill-shock
Putting your money aside each pay is not only about the potential tax benefits, it's also about having a healthy balance for when you need to pay for stuff, no more surprise bills. You can use your novated lease balance to pay for expenses in two ways, reimbursement or direct payments.
If you like, you can pay for your car expenses yourself first, and then claim the pre-tax amount from Maxxia, this is called a ‘reimbursement’ payment. As you’ve already paid for the item, the reimbursed funds you then receive from us are yours to use as normal.
By far our most popular claiming option is ‘direct’ payments via the Maxxia app and Maxxia Online. This allows you to upload your unpaid invoices and bills, so we can pay these items on your behalf directly from your novated lease account, easy!
Handy hints about claiming
- You must always provide the bill before we can pay it, this is especially important with expenses such as registration, the earlier we receive your claim, the better!
- Don’t forget, regular servicing and maintenance is already budgeted for! If you're dropping your car off for any maintenance work simply let the service provider know the vehicle is Maxxia-managed, and to contact our Maintenance Centre on 1300 123 123 before they commence any work.
- Not sure if you have enough balance for that claim? You can check your novated lease account balance via the Maxxia app and Maxxia Online.
- Make sure your bank details are up to date so we can reimburse your funds to the right spot. You can add or update your bank details via the Maxxia app and Maxxia Online.
- Remember the two types of claim payments, ‘reimbursement’ means pay me, and ‘direct payment’ means pay them.
Claiming is easy with the Maxxia app and Maxxia Online
Claiming your running costs is easy with Maxxia Online and the Maxxia app, both allow you round-the-clock access to monitor your transactions, manage payments, check your balance, update details and submit claims.
So, whether it’s for registration, insurance, fuel, maintenance, or helpful items like tyres, car washes or a battery, use the Maxxia app and Maxxia Online to quickly and easily claim your benefits.
Simply download the Maxxia app via the Apple App Store or Google Play today. Or visit www.maxxia.com.au/maxxia-app to learn more. To sign up for Maxxia Online, head to www.securemaxxia.com.au, click the Register Now and follow the prompts.
This website contains general information and doesn't take your personal circumstances into account. Seek professional independent advice before making a decision.