Supporting the community
At Maxxia, we're proud to provide workplace benefit programs to not-for-profit (NFP), government and community service organisations across Australia - we've been doing it for more than 20 years.
Our clients range from local charities to national organisations and each undertake valuable work to support and benefit the community.
As part of the McMillan Shakespeare group, our teams also participate in a range of activities and events to support the work of our clients and as importantly, their people.
This includes getting involved with reward, recognition and development programs for staff, as well as fundraisers, family days, annual balls, conferences and sponsorship of local teams and events, such as:
- Australian Red Cross - Warrior Dash
- Murdoch Childrens Research Institute - Foxtel Lap and family days
- St Vincent's - CEO Sleepout
- Royal Flying Doctors Service (RFDS) - Annual RFDS Ball and Quentin Broad Golf Day (Rio Tinto event)
- South Australia Police - SA Hounds
- St John of God - annual staff ball
- Amana Living - annual staff ball
- Activ Foundation - annual staff ball
- WA Police Football team - the Hogs.
Our employees are a passionate bunch. Throughout the year, our staff take part in a number of events to help raise much-needed funds for charities.
- Cancer Council - Biggest Morning Tea
- Sids and Kids - Red Nose Day
- RSPCA - Million Paws Walk and Cupcake Day
- Victorian AIDS Council/Gay Men's Health Centre - World AIDS Day
- Beyond Northside Mission Trip to Madagascar Bays
- National Breast Cancer Foundation - Pink Ribbon Day
- Leukemia Foundation - World's Greatest Shave and Light the Night Walk
- Starlight Foundation.
We also participate in Earth Hour in our Brisbane, Melbourne and North Ryde offices.
Supporting staff engagement in the NFP sector
In 2013, Maxxia commissioned a national employee engagement study to support the NFP sector in its efforts to recruit and retain staff.
The study, Maxxia Workplace Insights, provides a number of perspectives about the sentiments, motivations and satisfaction levels of employees across the sector.
Over 1850 leaders and employees from the NFP sector and the broader workforce participated in the research.